Course: Ice Climbing | 15-18 Jan 2021|Cogne, Italy
Ice Climbing Course, Cogne (IT)
Place: Cogne Valley, Gran Paradiso National Park, Italy.
COGNE VALLEY: Cogne is easily accessible at just 2 h 30 min drive from Milan, 2 h from Turin or 1 h 30 min from Chamonix and during the winter season it represents a top destination for all ice climbers. With over 100 frozen waterfalls found on the two neighboring valleys of Lillaz and Valnontey which flow on the northern slopes of Gran Paradiso, Cogne offers multiple possibilities for all level of ice climbers: from easy ice falls suitable for improving your technique, to steeper ice features and multi pitch climbs.
ABOUT THE COURS:
We offer a complete ice climbing course, and we’ll cover all aspects of ice climbing, from practicing basic safety techniques to lead and multi pitch climbs. We’ll tackle notions of “how to plan an ice climbing day”, practice specific ice techniques and moving safely and efficiently on ice and also how to identify the risk and evaluate the quality of the iceformations. Remember that we’ll spend many hours outside every day of the course, practicing and climbing, and therefore we recommend you to have a good fitness and previous experience in mountain climbing activities during winter.
The course offers:
- planning and preparation for ice climbing.
- technique improvement for various icy terrain.
- safety techniques specific to ice climbing.
- identifying risk and evaluate the ice conditions.
- gear / equipment and using it safely and efficiently.
- notions about ice formation and weather conditions.
- lead climbing and multi pitch ice climbing, techniques and belay management, etc.
Accommodation: group accommodation in Cogne.
Transportation: For group participation we can organize transportation to Cogne on request. During the course the transportation from the accommodation to the climbing areas will be covered by the guides.
- mountain guides fee.
- group / team gear such as ropes, ice screws, quickdraws, carabiners and belay devices, etc)
- the course in .pdf format
- accommodation in Cogne
- personal transportation to Cogne.
- medical or rescue insurance.
- personal gear or equipment
Recommended equipment list:
- Waterproof jacket, dawn jacket, hat, 2 pair of waterproof gloves, waterproof pants, base layers.
- Winter climbing mountain boots.
- Backpack, technical crampons, technical ice axes, harness, helmet.
- Thermos/water bottle for tea or water.
- Head lamp, sun glasses, sun cream, basic first aid kit.
- Avalanche beacon, snow shovel, avalanche probe.
*most of the gear can be reserved in advance and rented.
PRICE: 620 Eur / person
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
50% payment in advance at registration.
50% rest to be payed not later than 10 January 2021.
Cancellation policy: Cancellation before the date of 3 January 2021, the deposit will be refunded in full, except the bank transfers fees. Any cancellation after the date of 3 January will result in no refund.